Tobener Ravenscroft LLP is awarding a $1000 scholarship to students who are currently attending their first year of four-year college or will attend their first year of four-year college in September 2019. Our tenant rights law firm is committed to defending the right to safe and fair housing for everyone. We recognize that there are many factors to ensuring housing security, and equal education is a critical part of that mission.
Who We Are:
Tobener Ravenscroft LLP has been advocating for justice on behalf of tenants since 2001. We have served more than 10,000 tenants who have faced wrongful evictions, landlord harassment and dangerous repair issues. While the San Francisco Bay Area, along with several other major cities, is a hotbed of landlord misconduct, housing security is a national issue. Communities simply cannot thrive without safe and affordable living options.
Our housing justice work is based on the belief that everyone has a fundamental right to live peacefully in their homes, that nobody should be allowed to take away someone’s home, and that everyone has the right to a safe and habitable home.
Why We Started a Scholarship Program:
Educational opportunities are a critical step toward contributing to a healthy and just society. Tobener Ravenscroft hopes that through our scholarship program, we can play a small part in helping ambitious students reach their goals.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for scholarship candidates with a strong interest in social justice and plans to use their degree to support vulnerable populations and defend basic human rights. Students who have themselves struggled with secure housing and other basic necessities are in a unique position to find innovative solutions to important community issues. If this is the case for you, please be sure to outline your experience in your short essay.
How To Apply:
To apply for the Tobener Ravenscroft Student Scholarship:
- Submit a 300-500 word essay describing how a struggle in your own life has informed your future career goals.
- Complete the online Scholarship Form
- Attach a digital copy of your college transcript or official acceptance letter on college letter head
- Agree to allow Tobener Ravenscroft to publish the winning essay on our blog
How To Qualify:
- You must be living in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address
- You must be currently enrolled in your first year of four-year college OR
- You must be starting your first year of four-year college in Fall 2019
- Submissions will be accepted from November 1st, 2019 – February 15th, 2019
- Scholarship will be awarded in March 2019